Thursday, October 24, 2013


From:Duane Merrill (dlmhgm@webtv.net) This sender is in your contact list.
Sent:Thu 10/24/13 12:07 PM
To: Wallace Baldwin (wallybaldw@hotmail.com); Jones Shirley (shirleyjones01@comcast.net)
Wally, thanks for communicating with all of us.  I am the son of 
LaVille H.Merrill,M.D who practiced in Hiawatha in the 50ths and 60tths.
I am a retired Cardio-thoracic surgeon.  My wife of 69 years, HILDRED
GLEASON MERRILL, passed away Sept.26, 2013 after six years in
a Skilled Nursing Care unit in Palo Alto, CA. She was a world class Dietitian, a
Super  Institution Manager, and a wonderful Mother, and my Soul Mate!

 She was the daughter of Frank E. and Grace G.Gleason and her sister,Shirley G.Jones lives in Nashville, TN (who is on your e-mail list.)They grew up in Hiawatha. I grew up in Spring Canyon before my father moved to Hiawatha.
It was a long way to take Hillie to a dance in Price, and even a longer way to court her in New York where they moved from Hiawatha during World War II.,which I did two times by train, once with a fraternity pin and once with a diamond ring!
After her graduation from Cornell, she came back to Utah on a Troop Train with
Violin in hand and we were married in the ADPI Sorority house at the U of U while I was in Medical School. In 1944.
HILDRED and I have two sons, and two daughters, fifteen grand and four 
great grandchildren, and two more on the way.

Regards:

DUANE L.MERRILL, M.D

No comments: